Volunteer with us and make a difference to a girl’s life
Education For All has expanded since its beginning in 2007. We now have five houses: three in Asni, one in Ouirgane and one house in Talat n’Yacoub. We aim to have a volunteer present at each of the five houses throughout the school year. The main focus for the volunteer is to assist the girls to improve their school level, language skills and to gain a broader perspective of the world.
Do you enjoy working with young people?
Are you interested in learning about a new culture?
Do you have time and skills that you would love to share?
Your average day will involve:
- Teaching French or English and IT skills.
- Helping the housemother in the daily tasks in the boarding house (cleaning, gardening, preparing the meals etc.) and supporting her in supervising the girls.
- Possibility of visits to the homes of the girls on alternate weekends.
- Maintaining contact with sponsors and members of the Education For All community.
- You are free to pursue any outside interests that you may have in Morocco during the weekend and holidays.
If you would like to learn more about what life is like in the houses, you can read:
- Our blog at http://volunteers.educationforallmorocco.org/
- Our newsletter online.
- Elizabeth Tool’s article, My EFA volunteer experience
- Karima Targaoui’s article on her time as a volunteer.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Ideally, we are looking for fluent French speakers to help the girls with their French studies. It is essential that you have, as a minimum, a basic working knowledge of French.
- You will have some experience of working with or teaching young people or those learning English as a foreign language
- Ability to use basic computer programmes.
Length of commitment:
- Any length of time from 3 months to 9 months, however you must leave the country to gain a new visa after every 90 days.
What personal qualities would the ideal candidate hold?
- You must be dynamic, autonomous and eager to connect with people (the language barrier must not be a problem for you).
- A willingness to learn new skills and ways of living.
- An openness to sharing your own culture and ideas.
- Organisational skills to assist with the running of the household.
- Innovation and a willingness to revise the way things run.
- An interest in promoting the organisation through presenting to small groups and engaging with social media and the EFA website content.
What do you get in return?
Although this is not a paid position, you will receive:
- Board and lodging.
- Lots of entertainment.
- New friends and new skills.
- A window into the life of Moroccans.
- Personal and job satisfaction—there is a definite reason to get out of bed here!
- An experience of a lifetime.
Does this sound like you?
If you are interested in applying to volunteer in one of the houses, please follow this link and fill the application form online.
Please indicate when you would like to come to work in the houses. Each case will be considered on an individual basis, however a crossover period for volunteers is desirable.
Sorry, but this position is only open to female applicants, but feel free to email us for ideas about how male applicants can assist in Morocco.
We are recruiting every year from October to June. Although our preference is to have volunteers work over a 3-month period, please contact us if you can only manage a shorter period of time and we will try our best to make it work.