We have a unique and ambitious project in which we are inviting the participation of our friends and colleagues in education. We hope that you and your students will join us in our vision.
Education For All has been established to help provide the opportunity of a college education for girls from rural Morocco. Its first project, opened in 2007, has been to facilitate access to secondary education for up to 36 girls from the remote villages of the High Atlas Mountains by building a boarding house for them in the town of Asni.
In September 2009 we opened the second boarding house in an even more remote area of the High Atlas 100km from Marrakech in the town of Talaat n’Yacoub. This will, over a 3-year period, provide the opportunity of college education for a further 36 girls who would otherwise not have this opportunity.
We are now looking for partner schools to support and participate in this project. We understand there are few guarantees but we would be looking to work with schools that would endeavour to raise £1000 per year to enable young girls to pursue high school careers.
We are already delighted to welcome the support of our first partners who have pledged their support. They are:
- Bristol Grammar School
- As an independent day school we are extremely proud of our excellent exam results but life at Bristol Grammar School is about so much more than that. Our House system provides every student with an extended family within the School and develops a sense of friendship, pride and belonging in our pupils that lasts long after they leave us. A huge range of sports and extra curricular activities gives each boy and girl the opportunity to discover their own talents and passions.
- The British School of Brussels
- The British School of Brussels, situated 30 minutes from the city centre on a beautiful campus, offers a British education to International families in the heart of Europe, with pupils from some 70 nationalities on roll. Our tagline expresses the key elements of our school: learning, inspiring, a community working together and success.
With schools in Deventer, Enschede and Apeldoorn, and approximately 23.000 students, Saxion is one of the largest and outstanding institutes for higher education in the Netherlands. Saxion offers a broad range of study programmes and a large number of specialized graduation options or specialisations, both in the Netherlands and abroad. One of the academies of Saxion University is the Hospitality Business School.
Saxion’s Hospitality Business School (HBS) in Deventer and Apeldoorn offers internationally recognized bachelor degree programmes in Dutch and English. With three distinct programmes: Hotel Management, Tourism Management and Facility Management, the Hospitality Business School is anticipating the developments in the international hospitality sector.
During our studytrip in 2011 we visited the boarding houses, we were happy to meet the girls and saw a presentation of the initiators of this project (Cees and Marijke van den Berg). This was quite a special experience for both students and lecturers and sparked the initiative for a fundraising event. Subsequently the EFA project won the ‘battle of the fundraising events’ during our annual Christmas staff diner, implicating a 3 year commitment (2011-2014). We aim to raise 1000 euros per year, depending on the goodwill and efforts of our colleagues and students here at Saxion.
Collaborating with EFA is a clear win-win situation for Saxion; it implicates improvement of qualitiy of life by education in combination with hospitality! We fully subscribe EFA’s vision and hope to make difference with our support.
- Bristol Grammar School (BGS)
- The Dragon School Oxford
- Sevenoaks School
- Cairo American College (Read Testimonial in PDF)
If you would like to discuss how your school may join this initiative, then please contact us.
If you would like to know all the ins-and-outs of how Andy Dimberline and Bristol Grammar School have run trips to Morocco and helped the project, please e-mail , who will give you access to detailed information.